Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Past / Hello New Year

Future. This word... this scary, wonderful word has been on my mind lately. I guess it's appropriate timing. Christmas has just ended and this year, I really didn't want it to. January 1 is just around the corner and I'm in the midst of some major transitions. Sigh. Why couldn't there have been some freak time warp where Christmas lasted like, a week? At the very least. Oh well, time to put on my grown up pants.

Christmas was lovely. We stayed at my parents' victorian beach house in Cape May, NJ. We ate the yummiest food and shared the best cuddles and hugs. I got a few things on my Christmas list (a Patagonia Fleece, a Pendleton bag). My sister and I watched one of our favorite musicals, Thoroughly Modern Millie. To top it off, we took a horse and carriage tour of Cape May, complete with blankets and sleigh bells. It was the best.

Merry Little Tree

Pendleton Bag

I also spent a lot of time in this little kitchen thinking my future thoughts and I have some really good ideas. There's just something about how the sunlight fills that room that makes everything look bright. I guess we'll just have to see. I have lots of hope.

Magic Kitchen

Happy New Year, people. Let's see what the future holds.

xo
kelci

No comments:

Post a Comment