Friday, December 2, 2011

2 is better than 1

Happy December 2.

This post was supposed to happen yesterday, but it didn't. So, here I am writing to you on the 2nd day of this crazy month. Then I decided that I like that. 2 is totally better than 1. For example...

2 scoops of ice cream.
A double feature drive-in (i've actually never gone to one, but i sooo will).
2 lovers.
2 bedside tables.
A pair of socks.

You get my point.

This past month or so, has been a little tough. Very exciting, but also very stressful and disappointing at times. But, in the midst of all the craziness that has gone on, and is going on right now, I know that I don't have to go through it alone. I've got my best friend and most favorite person in whole world by my side. 2 is totally better than 1.

You know what other amazing item comes in twos? SHOES. It's a very good thing that I have the gift of thrift (HA) or I'd be in big trouble. I have a thing for boots, more specifically, stompy lace up boots. There is such satisfaction in lacing up your boots and stomping around. Trust me. Galen (the hubster) just got his brand new pair in the mail this morning, and I foresee a stomping good time in the near future.

Roughout Pampa Boot

These are the the Palladium Urban Outfitters Exclusive Roughout Pampa Boots. According to UO "Palladium was founded in 1920 and shortly became the leading manufacturer of vulcanized rubber tires in Europe. After World War II, with the tire market on the decline, they turned their expertise to footwear, creating the Pampa Boot, a rugged classic designed for exploration". Pretty cool, huh? 


My boots aren't quite as fancy, BUT they were $7.98 at Goodwill and have plenty of stomp. 

Goodwill Grannie/Horse Rider boots

I'm so glad that I was given 2 feet. While I love finding one of a kind thrift store boots, there are a few boot brands that I love. Here's a list of links just in time for the holidays:

Clarks Desert Boot - Men's
Minnetonka Suede Ankle Boot - Women's
Eastland Seneca Boot - Men's
Frye Billy Short Boot - Women's
Tretorn Strala Vinter Klar Boot - Men's
Madewell Suede Sandstorm Boot - Women's

Happy December, people.

xo (times 2)
kelci

No comments:

Post a Comment